The trials and tribulations of a 'would be' country girl trying to balance the desire to live 'the good life' in the country and the demands of an everyday full on home and working life.

Thursday 22 July 2010

I could never have imagined all those years ago when I was living in my little terraced house in suburbia that one day I’d be gushing about the beauty of living in the countryside, getting excited about my seedlings starting to appear or thinking about getting chickens! How my life has changed and how my tastes have changed with age. I had to smile yesterday when I finally found time to sit down to read a magazine with a little bit of naughtiness, chocolate! and found myself first turning to the sections on what’s in homewares and how to grow your own! I also find myself today at 6.50am thinking about going for a walk round the village, 20 years ago I’d have been nursing a hangover, oh how life really has changed! But it would be misleading you to say that I am part of the welly brigade 24/7, my life is anything but straightforward and the term ‘variety is the spice of life’ was certainly written for me!

It would be fair to say I spend my life juggling, apparently this is now called having a portfolio career, this idyllic rural life; seedlings, chickens and all that alongside running two businesses, taking me to London and back and working as a volunteer for a charity which means I often travel at short notice to overseas destinations,...oh yes a country life very much less ordinary!