The trials and tribulations of a 'would be' country girl trying to balance the desire to live 'the good life' in the country and the demands of an everyday full on home and working life.

Friday 30 July 2010

I like my life

Today has been one of those days when you can smugly say to yourself ‘ I like my life’... finding myself sat on a wall on the beach overlooking the sea I had to remind myself that yes this really is work! I feel I should be wearing something rather glamouress and floaty though and calling everyone darling, maybe next time!
As the photographer positions the products and children for the flax & finch summer photo shoot, the products were so much easier to control!, my day seemed a million miles away from the challenges of yesterday...a conversation with my bank on the challenges of developing a new business and their lack of understanding on this issue, I remember hearing myself say the words ‘bordering on incompetence’, can’t imagine why I would be making those references about a bank!
I decide to let the memory of yesterday fade into the background, that’s for another day...instead I let myself relax into the late afternoon sunshine ...we could be in the med if I imagine that the screams of ‘OMG, that’s freezing ‘ are references to the ice in a tall cocktail, shaken not stirred, and not the North sea on a July afternoon in Norfolk.